Enter the dimensions of your packages here. This allows us to ship your shipment quickly and reliably to your destination.
Televisions to be teleported
When speaking about moving house, sometimes it may happen you have to send a TV too. Nowadays any appliance can be shipped with a forwarder, without the need to transport the goods on your own to the new owner. As also in the case of furniture, for sensitive electronic items, the arrival intact to destination is just a question of correct packaging. Especially, regarding a television, the size and type of the TV greatly influence the choice. Once a certain weight and certain dimensions are exceeded, the objects can no longer follow a parcel type shipment, but should opt for a pallet-type shipment. This way also bulkiest items can be shipped. Warning: when you detect the weight of your goods, you should also take into account the packaging to be made! Europacco has collected a series of suggestions, to ensure that your TV reaches the destination safe and sound.
Ship your parcel now!
Thanks to our extensive transport network, we are able to guarantee an optimal balance in terms of quality/price. By choosing europacco.com for a parcel shipments you will have:
- collection at home
- shipment tracking
Modern TVs are equipped with the most diverse technologies. A short time ago, the only possibility to see your favorite programs daily was the TV with a cathode ray tube. The medium has evolved over time and today there are several devices to follow television programs. First, the good itself has strongly developed: if today the subject is deepened, it is immediately compared with a series of abbreviations of the name, which original function is not always known. Below we list a short list with simple descriptions of the most important terms:
- LED = LCD: Every modern LED TV is also an LCD unit. LCD means, which the screen is composed of liquid crystals, so a Liquid Crystal Display. Today almost every flat screen TV is equipped with this technology. The characteristic of this function: the colors and the effects are enhanced particularly well. It certainly works only if it is correctly illuminated, by means of light-emitting diodes (LEDs).
- HD and UHD: both terms are for the definition of the image on the screen. Since the presentation and sharpness are closely related to each other, it would be ideal to have a fixture suitable for the time with a defined definition. At the bottom, the more pixels a TV has, the more good the transmitted image will be. With the latest UHD technology the user can enjoy several million pixels, which make each scene defined.
- OLED, the new LED: contrary to LED technology, which works through anorganic light diodes, the OLED technique uses self-illuminating organic pixels like a thin film. Compared to traditional illuminating diodes, organic diodes follow a less expensive manufacturing process. Because of this, their longevity is reduced. Thanks to the characteristics of the material OLEDs can be manufactured with folding screens (even if in reality there are already LCDs, which can be folded). A further advantage consists in the reduced consummation of electricity and in the very high definition.
If you intend to go further into this subject, you immediately notice how much technology is hidden in a television and how fast the development of the quality of displays and image advances. For this reason, a TV is quite delicate and to be kept well during transport. Preparation, like covering with appropriate material, is essential for the shipment of a technological article. Stable materials such as cartons, filling material such as solid foam or polystyrene elements are ideal for transporting stable materials. With these subsidies, a TV can be safely sent. However, the measurements and weight must be respected, as it can change the type of shipment depending on them. Starting from a size of 190 cm, even a technical article that does not exceed the maximum weight must pass on a pallet. This way the type of shipment changes - the packaging should be accurately chosen.
- Package shipment: smaller TV models can be shipped as a package. If the shipment between the sum of the width, height and length does not exceed 190 cm and weighs no more than 50 kg (from Italy) or 40 kg (from Germany), it is managed through the parcel service. The ceilings refer to the packaged goods. A large carton is prepared for shipping the parcel. In the ideal case the original TV box is still somewhere in your forgotten cellar. Otherwise, certainly other cartons can also serve. Naturally, the television should be as big as the used cardboard in order not to have free space inside for moving. Many times, it is better to ask directly in an electronic shop if there are still old models of cartons or samples of sales with the required measures, which can be ready for a shipment. What you need together with the cardboard is: air-bubble polyethylene, adhesive tape, cardboard elements to fix everything, filling material and perhaps other polystyrene, which can be cut and wrapped. It is recommended to start with air bubble polyethylene, in which the appliance and especially the screen must be packaged. Due to the plurality of buildings, the support foot can be easily removed, which is to be done, so as to allow the screen to be inserted into a flat cardboard. Other accessories, such as the foot but also the remote control, can be added to the package separately at the end. An additional protection for the delicate screen consists of a screen-sized cardboard layer, which can be inserted into the polyethylene packaging: simply place the piece of cardboard on the screen and wrap the screen with the protective polyethylene. Be careful to choose the right size of the cardboard so as not to create a danger factor in terms of pressure on the liquid crystal. If the polyethylene is properly secured with adhesive tape to the monitor, the screen, respectively, the whole appliance can be placed in the carton. If you send a flat-screen television, even the cardboard should be flat enough. For an old model you must necessarily work with a bigger carton. Make sure the appliance does not have too much space to move. Otherwise, the voids should be filled with filling material, such as pieces of polystyrene, solid foam or pelleted polyethylene, so the precious content won’t slide inside. To fix the TV in the corners, use polyethylene and fill all the corners. This way you reduce the margin of movement considerably. Close the package well and apply the appropriate transport documents.
- Pallet shipping: If the sum of the width, height and length exceeds 190 cm or the maximum weight of 50 kg (from Italy) or 40 kg (from Germany), the television should be placed on a pallet. In this case the sender must obtain a euro pallet. At the bottom, this serves as the basis of the shipment, on which the goods must be positioned and fixed. Place the appliance in the center of the pallet, package as in the case of a package wrapped into polyethylene and fix it with special straps. If it is a flat-screen TV, the TV can also be placed on a pallet. Given the delicacy of the product, it is recommended to invest well in the packaging. Even a TV of this size must be wrapped in air-bubble polyethylene before being fixed, perhaps adding a further layer of cardboard. Of course, a package of this size can easily be fixed on a pallet and also allows you to insert accessories such as foot or remote control in an easy way. You must pay attention the parcel will always remain in the center of the pallet. It is important that the product does not protrude anywhere on the pallet. By doing so, everything will be right and the TV will reach the recipient in a safe way.
- Curved - special case: the new technology involves on the one hand a remarkable image and entertainment quality, and on the other side various traps. A crucial point is the delicacy of this type of product. Of course, OLEDs - or foldable LCDs – must be also shipped. A so-called curved-TV can quickly become a victim of transport, if the packaging materials have not been chosen with caution. If you look at the original packaging of a curved-TV, you will immediately notice that manufacturers work with significantly higher cartons compared to flat-screen TVs. Consequence logic, if you think that given the folding the screen increases in depth. For a curved-TV a flat cardboard is not enough. If you work with a wider or tall cardboard, you must keep in mind the increase in filling material. To fix it, producers use special elements of polystyrene, which protect the screen and especially the corners. Given the folding, the screen can no longer be protected with a flat piece of cardboard. You must therefore provide yourself with enough air-bubble polyethylene and possibly work with solid foam, in order to prevent the TV from slipping or being exposed to blows. Therefore, even for the delicate curved-TV, the fact remains that with the right packaging the TV can easily be sent.
What our customers say
europacco.com is an online portal from Bolzano that offers package pickups both at home and at a company, and deliveries all over the world. By working with the best courier and transport companies.